Normal

Monday, December 7, 2015

Writing Projects: Past and Present


\I have a habit of starting way too many projects and never successfully finishing any of them. I did finish a novella two years ago and re-wrote it for NaNoWriMo last year, but that book was a complete fail. The plot was predictable and the characters were flat, on top of it all I just didn't have fun re-writing it. Needless to say, I've let that particular project go. Forever.

Since then I have started many books, all of which have never made it past the fifth chapter. It's not that any of them were any good, but I could never figure out a plot. Last summer (2014) I was going to write one short story per month. It seemed doable and I was really excited about it. I started out in June with an idea that was much too big for a short story and it blew up into a novel which I have never finished. Again, I liked the idea, but I couldn't come up with a plot. Not all of my ideas were good however. The story I wrote during the winter of 13-14 was a terrible idea. It was all about Peter Pan and this girl. It sounded like a good idea, but all I was really doing was writing my own version of the Peter Pan story from Once Upon a Time, which I was really into at the time.

Those projects are all in the past and I will not be reviving any of them. Here’s a list of the projects I'm working on now. There really aren't that many. 

  • A four-chapter long contemporary novel. I really love the idea of this novel which I may share in a future post. It's the first idea in a while that I've gotten really excited about.
  • Another contemporary. This one I'm writing with my sister. She writes a little bit and then I write a little bit. It's really fun, and based on a story idea from this summer.
  • My writing journal. This project will always be on the list because I'm always working on it. After the project I started this summer and never finished, I was done with trying to write novels. I was discouraged by having so many projects and never finishing any of them. So I started a writing journal and began to write short snippets of description, dialogue or ideas in it.  It's really been helpful.


Well, those are my current projects. I'm really excited about all of them! Tell me down below if you liked this post and all about your own projects! Have a nice day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment