Normal

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Currently Reading and To Be Read


So, for my first real post on this writing blog of mine, I'm going to talk about…books. Yes, I know it doesn't really make sense for my first real post, but books have really inspired me to write. Even the books that I don't like, I learn from them. So, really this post is about writing…sort of.

Anyways, this post is about the books in my life, what I'm reading now and what's on my to be read list.

I am currently reading The Clouds by Aristophanes which is, needless to say, a school book (actually a school play).

I am really not enjoying it. I've enjoyed most of the books I've read for school this year but this one is really just…not my favorite. It’s all about this man who is in debt. It follows this man as he tries to get an education so that he can argue his way out of his debts. When he finds that he is just too lazy to get an education, he makes his son get it. His son is actually successful and argues his way out of his father's debts. The downside to this is that he is now smart, so he beats his father up. His father is then so distraught that he burns down the "thinkery" where his son learned to argue.

The other book I am currently reading is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling. This is my first time reading through this series completely and I am really enjoying them. However, since school started I have not been reading as much as I would like to. I have been reading this book since September and I still have not finished it. I am so ashamed. But I will finish this series because I really am enjoying them.

Now on to the somewhat more exciting part of this post. My TBR list! I am really excited about this list. As soon I as I finish Deathly Hallows I plan on reading a lot of books. Here are the top four.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - So, I'm not really sure what this book is about, but I here that it is really good and I'm borrowing a copy from a friend so that is a must read.
Wildwood Dancing by Juiliet Marillier - This one is a re-read. Last year I read this book while standing in line for Disney World rides. Great fun. I really loved it. I'm re-reading for the sequel (Cybele's Secret), because I literally don't remember anything about it. ("I've read too many books" problem #1)
Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson - This is another re-read. I read this late last year and I just discovered the sequel (Hattie Ever After).
The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer - Just a book I wanted to try.

That's it for today! Please come back on Monday when I will (hopefully) have a post about writing up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment